Friday, November 16, 2007

Leaving Nanchang Day 6




What a long day today was... We woke up, ate breakfast, packed, and then it was all travel. We finally arrived in our hotel room here at about 6. We are all just totally exhausted. So, I won't write much tonight - I don't even have much to say other than the flight went really well. Lexie did well except for the descent when we think her ears were popping. The hotel here is extremely nice - it's really amazing. I gave Lexie a bath in this huge beautiful tub, and it was as if she'd never taken a bath before. Actually before last Sunday, I really don't know if she had even seen running water. She was screaming and laughing, splashing, trying to grab the water - it was so cute to watch. If I didn't know better, I would say that baths were not common for the little Lex.


So, here are the Holt guides that we LOVED who we had to leave today. Lisa is with me and Tori, and Leah is with Billy and Tori. Poor Leah cried the whole way to the airport - she definitely got attached and thanked everybody so much. We were the ones who were SO grateful for them - they were truly remarkable people. We will miss them very much.
The little girl in pink is Jasmine. Her family adopted a little baby girl, and Jasmine is SO in love with Tori. She's Tori's shadow.

Only 6 days till we get to go home, but who's counting?