


So, Lexie picked up right where Tori and Katie left off about 8 years ago and has filled that "baby spot" in the hearts of my mom and dad. It is one of my greatest joys to see how much my parents love this child, who is not their grandchild by blood, but she is most definitely theirs. They love her just as they love Tori and Katie, unconditionally, totally and completely, without limits, and for that I am so grateful. As Katie says, what happens at Nana's, stays at Nana's - I'm sure Lexie will soon discover this on her own, amongst many other things.
Lexie clicked with Nana and PopPop immediately - she was joking and playing with my dad at their house the other night, and my dad was cracking up at her - I knew their personalities would mesh. He of course was giving her pots and pans, spoons, etc. so she was making an enormous racket and loved it. She wasn't afraid of him at all. Today when my mom came over, Nana taught her how to vacuum, and I'm surprised she didn't do laundry with her. :-) Nana is of course the laundry queen. But she was all into my mom - and even walked off with her in the library without me, total confidence, sang songs, held hands... you name it. And I loved it.
I know that Lexie doesn't know it yet, but this is one of the greatest gifts that I will ever be able to give her.