Well, today was a big day - lots to do, but one step closer to coming home!!! We had Lexie's dr. appt this morning first of all. It was fairly simple, all of us jammed into this clinic and we went from station to station. They didn't speak English, so the only thing I know is that Lexie weighs about 23 pounds, because I could read the scale. We have to go through this piece so that our country will allow us in. She seemed pretty healthy to us!
After that we stopped by this park which is right on the middle of the island, and Lexie had a ball. It took her a minute to figure out the slide as she kept wanting to walk up the wrong way, but the seesaw was definitely her favorite. I think I know what Santa might deliver to her this year!!!
After Lexie's nap - we had the famous red couch picture. There were so many people - it was a riot. Honestly, I don't know if anybody even really took the picture. All I know is that Lexie spent the entire time feeding the baby next to her Cheerios. It was precious - she is very comfortable being with other children. I have the distinct feeling that she was from a village with lots of children - she has a great social awareness and is very caring to these other babies. Her foster mother did a wonderful job in teaching her kindness - it's one of my favorite traits of hers.
Lexie mimics everything!!! I was trying to pick something up, so I put the room key card in my mouth for a quick second. Next time I looked at her, she was holding it in her mouth just the same. Today I saw her with Billy's inhaler, which was closed, but she shook it and then put it in her mouth and blew really hard - we didn't even think she'd been looking. She doesn't miss a beat.
After that we had a "tea" for all the families - which really was a buffet lunch. The food here is incredible - we have gotten so spoiled and have definitely taken advantage of the food here.
Well, we're going to take an evening walk and try out the Starbucks. Yep - Starbucks in China! I'll try to post more pictures of today... Love all of you,
K