Again, now would be another good time for me to say something moving and exuberant, something that would express my exceptional joy and my intense gratitude. Yet, as always, I am speechless; there are no words. It is so hard to think that 2 weeks ago, we were a family of 4, waiting for this child for 2 and 1/2 years, and that she was living in a remote village of Nanchang China, in the Jianxgi province, on the other side of the world. We feel as if we have always had Lexie in our lives, and already we can't imagine a day without her. My heart is so full of love for all 3 of my daughters, and I am so grateful that they will have each other to grow up with, sharing their lives with each other and with us.
All I can do is praise and thank God for making all of this happen. Many months ago, we placed our trust in His hands and did what we never dreamed we would do, and He has blessed us. God cannot be outdone in generosity - the more we give, the more He gives, and our lives are living proof of this truth. We gave a little bitty "yes," in saying we would love whatever child he placed in our arms, and He gave us the most beautiful little person who has made our family complete. We owe Him everything, and I pray we will never forget.
I am so thankful too for all of you at home who cared for Katie, especially Mom, Dad, Lisa and Chris. We knew that Katie was cared for and will never be able to adequately thank the 4 of you. And Katie, thank you for being so brave and so mature in choosing to stay home, when deep down I know you really wanted to be here with us. You made a very hard decision, and I know you had some sufferings while we were away; but in only 2 very short days, we will all run and tackle you in the middle of the airport - so be prepared!!!
And to the rest of you who have been fervently praying in the background, thank you. A very big Thank You. Your prayers have been answered, and this trip was as beautiful as it was because of the prayers you all were offering up on our behalf. I know many of you offered so much for us along this journey, and I pray that one day we will be able to do the same for you.
So, we're on our way - we love all of you and CAN'T WAIT to see you very soon! I guess that instead of labeling this entry as "the end," what I should have said was...
THE BEGINNING