Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tell me about Lexie

What a long delivery that was, but WELL worth the wait. As I had been told before, all the months of waiting just melt away when you finally see the picture of your baby. It's like she was there all along, and we are all totally in love with her. From the information I received, which is much more than I anticipated receiving, it seems as if she is a healthy, happy little girl. Lexie was born on June 23rd, and she was found abandoned (with a birth note on her) on August 22nd. The local police department found her and brought her to the orphanage. She knows her name, imitates sounds and words, walks with someone holding her hand, loves music, toys, and playing games. She sucks her fingers when she sleeps,"giggles out loud when she is happy and says mama and dada unknowingly." The 7 month old report says she is very lovely, is liked by everyone, and is a bit timid. By 11 months, when the report was written, it says that she is quick in reaction and is sometimes obstinate and impatient. Yep, she'll fit in for sure with the feisty Italian women in our family. I have prayed for her caretakers for so long, and will continue to do so. It seems as if they have done a beautiful job in taking care of Lexie.

Have you ever heard the song by Steven Curtis Chapman, "I can see the fingerprints of God when I look at you..." That is what pops in my head when I look at this little face. God created this beautiful soul and her life has a definite purpose. I am so thankful that we are going to be given the chance to share in it. We love all of you!