Thursday, November 8, 2007
Arrived in Beijing
Hi! Well, we made it to Beijing. This hotel is like a Ritz, so we won't be lacking for anything; that's for sure. I honestly was a little shocked. The guy who drove us here to the hotel was from Southern China, and his story was amazing. I'll update with the details tomorrow, but it's just so different here. As I was walking out of the hotel looking around, I look at all the Chinese women and see what Lexie would have (possibly) been doing if she had grown up here. It's amazing the turn her life is about to take. Not necessarily that we will give her a better existence that if she had grown up here, but it is just very different. Better than living in an orphanage, yes, but she won't know all of this Chinese culture, heritage, sounds, colors, smells, faces, places, etc. It is a very strange to look around and ponder those things. Everyone has been incredibly nice - the trip was smooth, almost everyone, except one flight attendant, spoke English, and we have been well taken care of. We saw lots of little Chinese babies in the hotel when we got here, so we are more anxious than ever! It's time for bed, so we're off to try to sleep, despite the fact that our bodies think its 10am. Our love to all of you, K