Hi again! Well, it ended up much better than we had expected. We were actually able to use Billy's frequent flier miles and even got business class on a couple of legs. The only flights we had to purchase were the ones to Atlanta on our very final leg. The best surprise - we will be traveling business class on our longest trip with the baby. It's more flying than I really want to do, but it's part of getting this little treasure of ours. The hotels are pretty inexpensive over there, so in a couple of cities we were able to get either a suite or joining rooms; again, that was a huge surprise. Now we just pray for health and adjusment on everyone's part.
Oh, side note. I was at Dillards the other day, and I saw a commercial for a shoe line called "Alex Marie." I think I like it - so Lexie can be Alexa, Lexie, Alex, or Alli - whatever fits when we see her. My mom likes Lexie Lu - so that might be the keeper. Maybe her temperament will determine the name. :-) Now I think I have to go back to the mall to buy a pair of those shoes!
Again, thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for us - for safe travel, for health, that Katie won't miss us too badly back here (ha ha), and that Lexie's heart is being prepared for her forever family.
Back to my computer to complete more of the emails - the travel arrangements and correspondences are unending. Love to all of you!