Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cool idea from Holt

Hi!  Just wanted to share something neat with you from the adoption agency.  I have so many packets of information to read that I'm starting to get afraid that I'll miss some major detail.  There's so much to consider; it's amazing.  I will be so happy when we step off the plane into Georgia again.  Anyhow, this is a little idea from the agency.  We were given this copy, and I made a bunch of little business cards of it to take with us to China.  Evidently people are very curious and come up often to see the adopted babies - they call them "lucky baby."  We will be able to give them this card so that they know our story, or at least a small piece of it.  I wish I could add to it - maybe I will find a way to do so before we leave.
 
We found out recently that we will be visiting Lexie's orphanage on Thursday the 16th, which is a blessing.  We will have the chance to ask questions and to meet the women who have cared for her.  I imagine we will have many mixed feelings on that day.  On one hand, I really know that we have to go there, and I WANT to go there to see where Lexie spent the first year and a half of her life.  It will be crucial for her as an older child to know where she began her life.  But, I know it will be difficult, and possibly confusing for Lexie - to have to leave yet another time.  And, the conditions might not be as good as I have convinced myself that they are.  And lastly, how will it feel to see the little girs there that don't get to leave?  Some that just aren't leaving yet, but some that aren't leaving ever?  I'm sure my prayers will multiply as the trip continues.
 
The concern of today - what will Billy and Tori EAT in China??  I think I'll bring a tub of peanut butter for them to share!