Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lexie's first haircut!






We decided to get Lexie's hair trimmed, to try to even out some of the crazy pieces. Somehow my "just trim the edges and don't do straight bangs" turned into cutting a chunk off the edges and of course, cutting straight bangs. Oh well, thank goodness for bows to hide haircut mistakes, and thank goodness hair grows fast! It was still a fun morning for the 4 of us, although Lexie was VERY serious, as you can tell. We got a little certificate, and when the girl was done, she braided Lexie's hair and stuck on these little fake earrings. It was pretty cute. The best part was watching Tori and Katie try to entertain Lexie with bubbles so she wouldn't cry; I think we all will do anything to avoid hearing Lexie cry. Especially Tori, Billy, and me because we remember that cry from that first day they placed her in our arms. It's still painful for me and reminds me of that hurting moment. I hope I'll someday forget that connection.