So, my one big distraction in the middle of the most stressful volleyball game I have ever seen was Lexie and the big duck. Our opponet brought their school mascot, a very large eagle, with which my not so docile child fell quickly in love. So, the progression of these pictures goes somewhat like this...
Lexie: Mommy, where big duck?
Mommy: It's an Eagle Lexie, and he's in the same spot where he's been for 30 minutes.
Lexie: Please say hi big duck mommy?
Mommy: Again Lexie? You just did. I think we should give the big duck a small break.
Lexie: One more time?
Mommy: Ok, Lexie, one more time but then you have to sit and watch DeeDee with Mommy and Daddy, ok?
Lexie: OK MOMMY! Run run run little feet.
Lexie: upon returning, speechless!
The face at the end describes the inexplicable joy that she felt - I don't think I have EVER seen her smile bigger. It was so cute. After awhile, however, Lexie proceeded to stalk the big duck, pet the big duck, and scream at the top of her lungs for the big duck when I left the gym with her. BUT, it was worth every minute of it. Let's just say this... I can't WAIT for Disney World!!!