Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer Update



Just wanted to update with a few shots of Lexie recently. Needless to say, it's been a very hectic month. My surgery was on the 5th of August, but we think that all the cancer was removed and that I am cancer free. I have a few more appts with drs to make sure that I don't have to undergo any further treatments, but the real blessing was that we found it so early and acted aggressively. I hope that I no longer have to experience cancer in my life, God willing.
Anyway, for a Lexie update - she is a wonder! She's talking up a storm - small sentences, counting into her teens, reciting the alphabet, singing songs, dancing, running and jumping everywhere. She is a remarkable little girl, and we look at her in awe every day, wondering what we ever did to deserve her. She's lonely with the big girls back in school, but she savors all the moments she has with them after school. This fall she's going to take a little music class and possibly a dance class (which Billy thinks is pushing it), and she's in a playgroup in the neighborhood - so hopefully she'll make some friends her age. I worry that she's with bigger kids all the time, who always let her get her way - and we all know that's not the case with preschoolers. :-) I had signed her up for preschool in the fall but backed out due to all of the dr appts and 2 more surgeries that I have awaiting me. There's too much upheaval without having to add that separation anxiety etc.
So, life is good, and we're slowly but surely getting back on track. I feel more blessed than ever to have each day, and I hope that I can live a life that makes God glad He gives me a fresh start each day. The silver lining in this whole ordeal is that I have been reminded of all the beautiful souls that God has placed in my life over the past 40 years. It's amazing, truly remarkable. I took so many of them (of you) for granted, and I will never do that again. And, I am reminded of the beauty and generosity of so many people. It is unbelievable and has humbled me beyond belief. God is really SO good. Our love to everyone, K