Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hi!  We just returned from our family trip to PA for my cousin's wedding (which was wonderful), and a trip to the NJ shore, which was also terrific.  We had so much fun seeing our friends and family.  Only downer was the 12 hours it took to get home due to the multiple hours we spent sitting in the airport and on the airplane, but all 3 girls handled it exceptionally well.  We were lucky.
 
As for a Lexie update - she's talking more and more every day.  Last night I said I love you to her, and she said "love you too."  Priceless.  She LOVES to sing, so we're constantly having to sing the little Kindermusik songs with her, motions and all.  She can sing part of the ABCs, and finally learned how to jump!  :-) 
 
We returned home, however, to find out that I have a type of breast cancer which was quite a surprise.  Actually, to be honest, I wasn't surprised; I think God had prepared my heart in a way.  I found it as a result of Lexie pouncing on me.  I felt some pain, and then a lump, neither of which can be a cause of the type of breast cancer that I have, so that was the odd part.  The lump isn't even in the same area where the cancer was found, so, as Ginny told my aunt Linda - maybe God sent me Lexie to save my life.  I'm very lucky that we caught it early, and it's a very treatable, and curable type of cancer; it will be more the hassle of surgery, radiation, and (possibly but hopefully not) chemotherapy.  I'll find out this week what the next step is.  Anyway, I just ask for your prayers that God will help us speed this along and that everything turns out ok. 
 
I'll update with more pictures from our trip soon.  Our love to all of you,
K