What a big day for little Lexie! As you can see, Lexie had a wonderful birthday - it was as if she's had 5 or 6 already; she knew exactly when to do what, what to say, just how to react. It was priceless. We decided it was because she's watched all of us celebrate our birthdays since she's been here. We had about 40 people in attendance, so it was quite a celebration - I loved having everyone around. No little 2 year olds for Lexie this time, so next year we'll do a party with some little friends - this time it was just about family time. :-)
We went to the dr. yesterday for the 2 year old check up to find out that Lexie is in the 50% for height and weight - awesome! We were so surprised because some of the little Asian girls don't even make the American growth charts because they're so small. I guess you could say she's thriving. And, she's doing great, actually ahead, with development, so we all felt really good about that. We truly were blessed in more ways than one.
We offered a prayer for Lexie's birth mom because I know this day must have been especially hard for her. We owe her so much for being the hero she was in giving Lexie life and in bringing her to safety. I can't imagine how much she misses Lexie, today especially, and wish I could send her a glimmer of Lexie's peace and happiness. If she's anything like Lexie, I would love to know her - she must be a special woman.
The highlight of the evening was watching Lexie's joy as we all sang to HER. Her smile was precious, and to watch her open her gifts... it was obvious she's her mother's daughter. She would pause between each little tear and run the paper to the garbage before she could continue. I loved it! I'm not alone. :-)
Anyhow, what a beautiful day... it was perfect, and we are so so happy to have this little angel in our lives.