Well, it's been so long since I wrote on Lexie's blog that I almost couldn't remember how to sign on. That's pretty bad. Things have been pretty hectic, as most of you already know. Our builder went belly-up, so Billy suddenly became a builder one morning. We had to be out of the rental house, so we had to live with my parents until this house was done. In the middle of all of it, my sweet dear Grandpa went home to heaven so we had a great trip to PA where we celebrated his beautiful life. And, finally, we moved into our house last week, so we are in the middle of boxes, boxes, and more boxes. It's pretty hectic, but it's been great to have a real home again and to get our "home" set up again.
Little Lexie has changed so much; it's remarkable. She talks up a storm, putting little sentences together. Still has a nickname for everyone, and it's branched out to friends and family - we don't know how she keeps everybody straight, but somehow in her little brain it all makes sense. The names ARE pretty easy - ya-ya, dee-dee, ra-ra, gee-gee, na-nee, etc... Must be a Chinese thing, actually I think it is. Anyhow, she's brilliant. :-) She is in LOVE with the Air Buddies movie, and she has her little chant that she does when she wants to watch it - doggie, doggie, doggie! She's watched more soccer and tennis than she probably ever wanted to, but was a great fan on the sidelines. She had her own cheers - Goooooooooooo Ya-Ya (Tori) and Gooooooooooooo Dee-Dee (Katie). Run! Ball!
She has her very own bedroom in this house, and she's actually sleeping in her own big girl bed. I have joined her most nights, I must admit, but it's mostly because we have a hidden snake in this house (which I spotted last Saturday), so I'm in protection mode more than anything. The snake saga is a whole nother story... Don't ask. :-)
I'll share more later, but for now just wanted to add some recent pictures for those of you who have been tired of looking at that poor Easter Bunny. Things are wonderful, and Lexie is still keeping us on our toes, busy, but happy and laughing. She is truly a love and a joy - we can't imagine life without her. Keeping you in our prayers.
Love,
Me