Monday, February 4, 2008

January 2008




Hi! I've been catching a lot of grief for not posting any pictures in awhile, and I have to say... it has been challenging. Whenever I get the camera out, Lexie reaches for it and wants to browse through the pictures on the back. I regret that we ever showed her that you could do that. So, here are a few, although not the greatest shots.
Things have been going well. I have officially moved OUT of Lexie's room and back to my own bed, which is much more comfortable and restful. I still get up a few times each night to put the covers back on her, but I have slept much much better, as has Lexie. She almost never cries when I put her to bed, and only rarely during the night. Every once in awhile she will have a crying fit, but it's minor, and most of the times I think it has been because she doesn't feel well.
Lexie's vocab has grown immensely - I'd say she says about 20 to 25 or so words (several however are only translated by me; example, sock is saw, juice is dew, etc), and she signs about the same amount. She loves her little music player, which she plays all day long, mostly in the car, and she has taken a liking to several songs - Itsy Bitsy Spider being her favorite. She starts doing the little hand motions, and we all know it's time for us to start singing. Her second favorite is the Wheels on the Bus, and she loves the part when the babies on the bus go wa-wa-wa. I wonder why? Her favorite book is Goodnight Moon, which she actually even sleeps with. Yes, most children like to sleep with blankies, pacis, or stuffed animals; Lexie sleeps with a book in hand. We read that book over, and over, and over. Katie was utterly impressed that I could recite the book word for word without looking - she has no idea how many times those words have passed through my lips. Actually, I enjoyed the fact that I actually was able to impress Katie. Lately all I can do is embarrass the older two girls. :-)
Lexie officially calls me mommy, but it sounds more like ma me - accent on the me. It's pretty cute, actually melts my heart. Gymboree is her favorite place to go by far - she loves being with the other kids and doing all the activities. She has mastered the art of climbing and has been known to climb all the way up to the kitchen table to reach the chandelier; yes mom, I was standing right beside her so she wouldn't fall.
That's really about it for now, I suppose. We're stilll waiting, and waiting, for the new house to be completed, so hopefully I'll be able to say "we've moved," one of these days. I keep reminding myself, God's timing is perfect. Waiting is becoming our family's theme it seems.
Happy winter to all of you! We'll be back with more pictures soon, hopefully. :-)