


Hi! I see it's been quite a while since I've updated; it's getting longer and longer between posts. I guess that must mean that things are settling somewhat and that there's not much excitement going on. Or, it might mean that your builder is foreclosing on your house because he's run out of money to complete it, and you're about to lose a whole lot of money. I would like to say that option one is the truth, but as most of you know, option 2 is the reality. Needless to say, that has consumed most of our past several days. At this point, all we can do is pray; it's all in God's hands. Who in the world knows where we will end up. I would rather lose all of our money than one of our children, so we're still doing ok.
The Lexie update... this little girl is amazing. Oh, have I already said that before? Of course I would feel this way as her mother, right? She just continues to bring us so much joy and happiness; she makes us smile and laugh every day. She has grown about 2 inches, I would say, and her vocabulary grows every day. She says tons of words and is getting great at communicating. Today she did a strand of 4 signs in a row - wheels on the bus, baby cries, book, where is it? She was trying to have Tori help her find this book, and she actually came out with all 4 of those in a row. We couldn't believe it. She also said her first phrase - here mommy. Actually sounds like here ma-mee. She's climbing on everything, running faster, and her favorite thing to do is read books, still. Yes, we're still reading Goodnight Moon, multiple times each day, but we've branched to a few new ones as well. We are still doing Gymboree, and I bought a little Gymbo the clown which has become her baby. Tobi grabbed Gymbo the other day and shook him like a dog would do, and I thought Lexie's lung was going to pop out, she screamed so loud. I don't think Tobi knew what he was doing; I don't think he'll do it again. :-)
Sleep has been great, and all we're doing now is battling a little cold and runny nose, nothing major. Tori and Katie have begun spring sports (soccer and tennis respectively), so we're doing a lot of driving back and forth and will begin to watch games this Monday. I'm sure I won't see much this year as I will be chasing my little monkey around, but we'll be there for all of them regardless. Lexie actually does very well with the driving around now, so it doesn't phase her a bit. And, she loves seeing her sisters wherever they are - they still are her main excitement and entertainment. She and I are glued at the hip, which suits me fine. Kind of gets on every body's nerves at times, but most times they are fine handing her over to me when she gets in the mama mama mama mode. We've become quite a pair, little Lexie and me. We have so much time together when everyone is away, but it's been such a fun time for both of us. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I miss these days with Tori and Katie, but my times with them are special too, just in a different way - and in smaller increments. I become un-cool faster than I ever could before. :-)
I guess that's about all for now. Please pray for us with this house situation. I know it will work out as God intends; again, we are just waiting... Theme of the year, or theme of the past couple years. All our love to all of you,
K