We actually have a snow day here, if you can believe it. We're not sure if Lexie's ever seen snow before, but by the way she responded when I took her outside tonight - I'm going to guess this was another first for her. I'm hoping that it will stay until morning so we can go outside some more and make some snowballs. Thank goodness I bought her a new hat after we lost the other one in China!!
Things are going very well here with us - not much to report. Every few days she pops out a new word or two, which is so amazing to me. The sign language is still a huge hit - she actually signed a sentence to me the other day, if that's possible. I can't remember exactly what she said (Katie and I were shocked, neither of us can remember precisely what it was), but it was 3 different signs in a row. It just goes to show that little minds can do so much - I never expected her to catch on to so much of it so quickly. Her favorite thing to sign - "more please." Go figure.
We started Gymboree classes last week, which is much louder and more chaotic than I remember from when I took Tori and Katie, years ago. I must be getting older or something. She loved it though - you would never know that the child was in China less than 2 months ago. She follows the other kids around, waits her turn, does what the teacher says - she amazes me. I have to sit there and thank God as it transpires around me. She continues to be such a gift.
Our favorite Lexie thing as of right now... her giggle. She has this contagious belly laugh, like something you couldn't produce if you tried - Tori, Katie, and I are always trying to think of something new to make her laugh - and usually it entails one of us falling over or dropping something, or doing something humiliating. Amazing what we'll do to hear that sound - there's nothing better than a good laugh. Hee hee.