Friday, December 14, 2007

Ring around the Rosie!



The latest and greatest thing to do at our house is... ring around the rosie. We're all dizzy just thinking about it. It's amazing how one little 22 pound person can get a house full of big people to do just about anything. We've been singing, dancing, spinning, running, hiding - you name it. I hope this will keep us young and not cause injury. Billy, today, is a walking example of what one shouldn't do, although I got a little chuckle; I must admit. The other day Katie said - Dad, can you touch the ceiling? He says, of course, as confidently as possible. Let's see, she says. So he jumps up and touches it, proudly. Wow, she says, and walks away. Billy stood there looking at me for a minute, blankly - I think I hurt my ankle, he says. He's still limping. Hmmm.. maybe we should chill out with all the activities for awhile?

For those of you whom I had worrying today - the blood work went beautifully!! There is a whole series of blood tests that have to be done on international adoptees, such as HIV, lead content in the blood, tests to see what vaccines have been given, etc... So, we went to a Children's satellite location and they could neither see OR feel Lexie's veins. I was becoming hot, sick, and dizzy just thinking about it; so instead of allowing them to dig around, we went to Children's hospital where they are more experienced. Billy met me there, thank God, and he held her throughout the entire 5 viles of blood that they collected. But, Lexie didn't feel a thing because they were able to numb her arm prior to the needle. It was a lovely thing... I still felt weak in the knees and didn't watch; rather, I sat across from them and sang nursery rhymes. Amazing what you'll do in public to distract your child from pain and tears.