Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Eve 2007 at Nana and PopPop's

We spent December 23rd in Newnan with Billy's Dad and Joann, and I reget that I FORGOT my camera. I can't even believe I did it, but I did. So, I unfortunately don't have any pictures of what was a great day. We had a great lunch and had a great time visiting with everyone. Lexie got to meet Laina, Josh, Drake, and Cecily for the first time, so that was a lot of fun for her. Her favorite thing was playing matchbox cars with Josh (whom she loved!) in the basement. It was so funny because Joann had washed all the dolls, ironed the clothes, and had everything set up in the basement - and all Lexie wanted to play with was the matchbox cars. Go figure.

On the 24th, we went to Christmas Eve mass at my parents' church, which was lovely but a little chaotic. We expected it, however, because it was the children's mass. I love it because they do the Christmas story with all the children. My dad was up on the altar during mass assisting Monsignor, so it was almost a disaster for us. Lexie spotted him as he narrated the Christmas story up there and she was waving, laughing, trying to get his attention. I got her to sit in the aisle calmly, watching him, for awhile - it worked until the wise men processed right past her. She immediately jumped up and followed them; if they can go up, why can't I, she seemed to say. So, I had to intercept her, and needless to say, we spent the rest of the homily in the back of the church so nobody could hear her screaming for my dad.

Afterwards we had an awesome dinner which my mom (I don't know how) prepared in the midst of caring for my Grandpa. I think she's bionic, or a saint, one of the two. It was a perfect night, as always. The best part of celebrating our Lord's birth - spending the night in mass, then with family, fully in gratitude.